Sunday, May 13, 2012

My New Adventure with Goodsmiths....



Well, I signed up to be alerted when Goodsmith's was up and running and it finally came through. Then they were only accepting Dwolla, so I waited a little longer because they said they were waiting for PayPal to approve them. Well, PayPal finally came through and now I set up a little shop on Goodsmiths just to check it out... Let me tell you about my experience....

Well, So far I like it... Really easy to set up... And it's pretty much just like setting up on etsy... So I am pretty positive... Now I know computers make glitches, but here are the things that I had a little trouble with....

1. Import Tool....
Well, I had trouble with the import tool. I have at the time 192 items in my etsy shop. When I imported them to goodsmiths, only 98 were imported. However, that could also be because of the file that I downloaded from Etsy. You have to download a CSV file from etsy and then upload it to Goodsmiths....

2. Shipping....
Where as you can save your shipping profiles on etsy, you can't do so with Goodsmiths. And another drawback was that I can't offer combined shipping easily on Goodsmiths, which means I will have to go back and refund customers who purchase more than one item... That's kinda stinky. However, I am sure Goodsmith's is working on this (hoping) and since they are only in Beta mode with a "soft launch", they just haven't gotten there yet.

Here are a few awesome points...
1. It costs NOTHING to list on Goodsmiths... And it's only 2% if your item sells rather than 3.5% like others...

2. Easy and simple to list items...

Here's a screenshot of when I go to the Goodsmith's home page....





I definitely recommend it and think it's worth checking out.... 

And if you want to check it out, here's the link again.... https://www.goodsmiths.com
And if you want to see my shop on Goodsmiths, https://www.goodsmiths.com/sweetly-scrapped

I am going to change a few things on my appearance and fine tune it, but I thought I would try it first before I went all "crazy" designing and changing things (banners, etc).

Hope everyone is having an amazing Mother's Day too!!! XOXOXOOXO
I know I did! 
Emily XO


2 comments:

Pam said...

Your shop looks really great!
I am working on mine. : )

Thank you for the heads up!
~Pam~

James said...

We are so excited to have you on Goodsmiths! The shipping feature is one that we are currently working on, and hopefully it will be rolled out very soon!

Thanks!
James
Co-Founder @ Goodsmiths